The Regional Hispanic Institute (RHI) is a non-profit organization devoted to the achievement and success of young leaders. We seek to advance future generations of professionals, corporate executives, and community innovators. Our focus is on making stronger connections and linking young leaders in a wide-variety of business industries.
“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”
― Phil Collins
Regional Hispanic Institute Mentorship Program
Lideres del 2021
Purpose of the program: have access to a network of professionals to help and guide the student (mentee) advance in his/her professional career and learn how to build a relationships with business professionals (mentor).
Marketing Ambassadors: leaders from different organizations in CSULB who will be in charge of promoting the program. The ambassadors will also be in charge of providing a list from students who have interest in participating in the program. The list consists of student information including: name, major/minor, email, phone number, and expected graduation date.
Identify the Marketing Ambassadors: Ulises Guzman – HSBA President, Jasmine Martos – HSBA Vice President, Christopher Castillo Vargas – HSBA Public Relations Executive
- Business Major/Minor (Entrepreneurship, Finance, HRM, Information Systems, Marketing)
- Must be a senior
- Must be a member of any CBA student organizations
- Submit a resume
- Write a journal towards the end of the program (a synopsis of their experience)
- Must attend the info session
- Must attend one job shadow day
- Must attend FIVE 1-hour meetings via phone, zoom, google meets, or in person
- Must attend Graduation
Info Session (Thursday, September 23, 2021, via Zoom): introduction to the mentees/mentors, inform students on common topics such as emotional intelligence, mentorship programs, & the corporate world, and talk about expectations of the program including the requirements that must be met. Towards the end, their will be breakout rooms to encourage mentees to network with a few mentors in the room.
Follow – Up Meetings (October 2021 – December 2021): Mentees will attend FIVE 1-hour meetings with their mentors
- 1st Meeting: Introduction between the mentors and the mentees. Go over goals, career tips, and any other questions you may have
- 2nd Meeting: Go over your resume
- 3rd Meeting: Go over your LinkedIn Profile
- 4th Meeting: Go over Networking advice, professional etiquette, and follow-up emails with professionals
- 5th Meeting: Go over job hunting advise, interviewing consultations and Imposter Syndrome
Graduation Night July 2022
Certificates will be provided to students who complete all mandatory requirements from the program.